Charlie Gilkey joins me on the podcast today. Charlie is known for his knowledge around the topic of productivity and who doesn’t want to be more productive? Am I right? Charlie is a sought-out after advisor and speaker on all things business and productivity. But have no fear, whether you are a business owner or not - his teachings can be applied to all facets of your life.
In this episode Charlie and I talk about overwhelm versus overload, why we don’t make time for self-care, and the various ways to block time in order to be more productive. Plus, we discuss the behaviors and actions that get in the way of productivity, “wtf” moments and being in the moment.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Combating overwhelm by looking at your ‘overload’ (4 minutes and 40 seconds)
- Time blocking and how it can be used to help us be more productive (6:22)
- Illuminating “invisible tasks”, such as turning off the lights or cleaning up after family (9:26)
- Why self-care is typically last on our to-do list and the first to get pushed off (13:28)
- Charlie’s Random Wednesday Self-Care Challenge (15:26)
- Courage, boundaries and discipline; how they relate to each other (22:42)