Kute Blackson is back on the show this week. He joins me for a conversation about surrender, and as many of you may know, surrender is a favorite topic of mine. That is why when I learned about his new book, The Magic of Surrender, I knew I needed to have him back.
Kute shares how to unravel human tendencies to control the outcome and instead, be willing to be open to life’s possibilities. He is author of the national bestselling book You.Are.The.One. and is widely considered the next generation leader in the field of personal development. I hope you enjoy our conversation.
“The path of surrender, rather than trying to figure out life at every step, is to allow ourselves to be guided by life.” Kute Blackson
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why Kute wrote The Magic of Surrender and what he learned about surrendering through watching his mother battle and succumb to cancer. (6:38)
- Stay open and curious when things don’t work out - that is the beauty of surrender. (14:57)
- How can one be an activist, act from a place of freedom, and still practice surrendering. (20:49)
- Giving up the need to know everything and embrace the unknown. (30:18)
- How you can begin to practice surrender. (34:01)
- Part of surrendering is showing up and believing that something bigger is possible for you. (43:06)