Welcome to the first episode in a special Make Some Noise series where I speak with eight, handpicked women who are making noise in their lives, taking up space, and shining brightly. I created this series as a way to celebrate the release of my third book, Make Some Noise (coming out August 31st...BUT you can pre-order now!), and a celebration of women. I am ready to share these conversations with you to help empower you to make some noise in your life.
Susan Hyatt helps me kick off the series with a conversation about women’s empowerment through economic means, owning your power, and asking for what you want. Susan Hyatt is a Master Certified Life & Business Coach, best-selling author, TEDx speaker, and the queen of helping women create what they crave in life.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Susan answers the question, “Was there a time in your life where you realized you weren’t asking for what you wanted, and if so, how did you change that?” (9:54)
- What happens when women start to push back on the invisible workload. (15:09)
- We talk about money and power, including Susan’s definition of power, and how women can help themselves be more comfortable with their own power. (18:57)
- How women hold themselves back from making more money. (23:59)
- Susan has dealt with a lot of mean girls since she put herself out there so much, and we know this is due to women’s insecurities and internalized misogyny. Susan shares her thoughts on her experience and talks about what we can do to disrupt our own internalized sexism and misogyny. (33:49)
- Last, but certainly not least, we talk about pleasure, specifically what stands in the way the most for women to embrace their pleasure more. (42:53)