“Change is one of the most creative forces in our life.” This week, Kristine Carlson joins me to talk about moving through change and how it allows for expansion and growth. We also discuss grief, including her journey through grief after the sudden passing of her husband. Finally, we discuss how to make empowered choices during times of hardship.
For those new to Kristine Carlson and her work, she is a New York Times bestselling author, speaker, and leader in the field of transformation. After collaborating with her late husband Dr. Richard Carlson created a publishing industry phenomenon with the Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff series—selling more than 25 million copies worldwide—today, Kris is emerging as a profound teacher in the areas that matter most to the human heart: how to heal and how to love. Join us for this powerful and enjoyable conversation.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Kristine shares her journey through grief and describes her star mantra, “Surrender, trust, accept, release and receive.” (12:31)
- The willingness to give and receive support from others during the grieving process. (22:15)
- During times of stress or hardship, how can we make empowered choices? (27:21)
- Why we resist change and some ways we can embrace it. (31:27)
- Out of all of her books, Kristine shares her favorite one to write and why. (37:38)
- Action steps you can take to live with intention. (42:33)