As we round up the relationships theme here on the show, I wanted to re-air one of my most downloaded episodes of all time. It’s an interview with my friend and colleague, Britt Frank, on healing from traumatic romantic relationships.
Britt Frank, MSW, LSCSW, SEP is a trauma therapist, teacher, and speaker who specializes in the "Science of Stuck." Her work empowers people to understand the inner mechanisms of their brains and bodies. When we know how things work, the capacity for CHOICE is restored and life can and does change.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What is a narcissist and how does someone know they may be in a relationship with someone who is a narcissist? (7:16)
- Britt’s goal is “dismantling the mental health myths that keep us feeling STUCK and SICK”. She shares what she means by that. (14:17)
- Dealing with trauma: Some signs or patterns which signal someone should deal with their trauma. (14:45)
- Why someone may get physically addicted to their narcissist and experience withdrawals. (23:10)
- How someone can begin to heal from a narcissistic relationship. (27:45)
- Mother wounds and grieving our childhoods (the things we didn’t get) or other parts of our lives. (33:06)
- How COVID has affected Britt’s work, including the collective processing of COVID trauma. (40:11)